Counseling and Psychological Services
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) has been an integral member of the UCSD community since the late 1960’s. We are accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS). Our integrative and student-centered services are designed to support students towards their academic success and personal development and well-being while at UC San Diego. To this end we deliver:
- High quality, culturally-sensitive, and confidential counseling services, including individual, couples, family and group counseling, crisis/urgent care interventions, and referral services FREE of charge.
- Psychiatric services and consultation.
- Psycho-educational workshops and drop-in forums grounded on the latest science of optimal well-being and peak performance to support students in their life and leadership skills acquisition.
- A Wellness Peer Education Program, nationally recognized as a model of best practice for empowering students to develop leadership and helping skills.
- Campus mental health and prevention programming focused on stigma-discrimination reduction and community-building.
- Student mentoring and advocacy.
- Outreach and consultation services to faculty, staff and University administrators.
- An APPIC-approved post-doctoral fellowship training program.
Registered undergraduate, graduate and professional school students are welcome for all these services.
See the CAPS website for more information: https://caps.ucsd.edu